Thursday, June 10, 2010

Square Peg, Round Hole


I told you that I consider myself a warrior because I feel like I am always fighting everything in my life. What I believe, how I live my life and what I find interesting always seem to be at odds with everyone around me. Generally, I feel like a square peg in a round hole most of the time.

My first problem is that I am relatively conservative. I don't think that there's anything wrong with identifying as a conservative, moderate or liberal. I do find it offensive that I am asked to accept everyone else's opinions and told that my conservative leanings are old fashioned or out of touch. Not true. My beliefs are different, not wrong. In fact, I find it funny that people who consider themselves intellectually superior cannot understand this. If you want the freedom to express yourself, you need to allow others to do this too, even when they don't agree with you.

More on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment