Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am a Warrior Woman!


I am an Aries. No, it's not just a response to an old pick up line. Most people would think that your astrological sign is simply one of the many ways you could describe yourself. And while that is true, if you really want a quick snapshot of me, think Aries.

Go ahead and Google the word "Aries". Aries is the god of war. Aries is a Fire sign. Almost everything you find about this sign is a good description of my personality. Bold, demanding, warrior, leader, quick tempered, strong, passionate. That's me! I love that my personality is full of depth and fire.

Famous Aries people include Sandra Day O'Connor, Maya Angelou, Gloria Steinem and Ethel Kennedy. No shrinking violets in this bunch!

The problem is that sometimes being a warrior princess can be exhausting! All those sword fights and enemies to defeat can make a girl long for a nice hot bath and a glass of wine. That's me too.

This blog is about my struggles as a Warrior. A person who often feels at odds with those around her. I'm proud to be different, thought of as a leader. But occasionally, I wish I could blend into the woodwork. Not possible but I can wish can't I?

By the way, I look nothing like Xena: Warrior Princess. However, there is a Xena inside of me and she shows herself whenever I feel that life is unfair or inane. I wish I could let loose with a warrior cry and simply smote my opponents. Alas, I usually sheath my sword and bite my tongue more than I want to. Those of you who know me probably laughed out loud thinking that I bite my tongue... EVER. I do! Can you imagine what I would say if I didn't? ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment